The farce of another Australian federal budget will take place on Tuesday night.
Following the budget:-
– Some people with kids at school will receive a handout to help spending happen.
– Education will remain desperately short of adequate funding.
– Public health will remain desperately short of adequate funding.
– Infrastructure will remain desperately short of adequate funding.
– Businesses failure and unemployment will accelerate.
– Taxation will remain unreformed along the lines recommended by The Henry Tax Review.
Greedy billionaires will be allowed to continue plundering, hand over fist, the one-third of the economy that is Australia’s economic rent – the publicly-generated rent of our land and natural resources.
That’s because they’re powerful and well-connected, and we, the 99.9%, are stupid.
Economic collapse will proceed apace because the tax regime continues to reward rent-seeking.
Here’s Britain’s Ann Pettifor breezily exposing banks to be our biggest rent-seekers.
Tell politicians to stop doing the bidding of these parasites.